Structure of a transform

Subject: Structure of a transform
From: "petermarshall " <petermarshall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:11:31 -0700
HI,
  Im building a basic xml business info to
html presentation transform and id like to ask :
Is my approach is resonable?
Is there a well known approach I should be using?
Am I reinventing the wheel?
Would a servlet be a better solution to the problem?

I have separated the information into two chunks, display xml and business xml.  The display xml describes the display (in html at the moment) and contains some markup that indicates what business information needs to go where.  The business xml is pure business information.

The job of the transform is to insert the correct business info (from the business xml) into the indicated spots in the display xml.  This means that the dhtml programmers can get to work without worrying about xslt (or xsp, the business xml source).  The basic transform is now working to prove the technologies, Im just not convinced that the approach is correct.

TYIA for any comments

Pete Marshall

Before you buy.