Re: xslt question

Subject: Re: xslt question
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:15:17 +0100
Hi,

>I am trying to get the 5th table of the 1st table of the 3rd table ONLY from
>an HTML document. I've been trying various combinations for a couple of days
>now and it is frustrating?
[snip]
><xsl:template match="table[3]/table[1]/table[5]">
><HR>
>	<xsl:apply-templates />
></HR>
></xsl:template>

When you have a step in an XPath and you don't specify an axis name, then
the step uses the 'child' axis.  This means that your XPath translates as:

a table that is the fifth table that is a direct child of
  a table that is the first table that is a direct child of
    a table that is the third table of its parent

Since your input is HTML, I guess that the tables aren't nested as direct
children of each other, and that instead they are within rows and cells.
You probably want something like:

  table[3]/tr/td/table[1]/tr/td/table[5]

I hope that helps,

Jeni