Passing an URL as a parameter with Xalan

Subject: Passing an URL as a parameter with Xalan
From: Marco.Mistroni@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:15 +0300
hi all,
	i have a problem:
i have defined in my stylesheet an xsl:param
now i want at run-time to pass an URL to that parameter

i tried with file:///c:\mydir\layout.xml as value of hte parameter

however, the XSLProcessor continues to give me the error

XSL Error: pattern = 'c:\mydir\layout.xml'
Extra illegal tokens: 'mydir', '\', 'layout.xml', style tree node: org.ap
ache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot@2a5ce2b7
XSL Error: SAX Exception
There was a SAX Exception!
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: pattern = 'c:\mydir\layout.x
ml'
Extra illegal tokens: 'marcodev', '\', 'layouthtml.xml'
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1630)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1594)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java,
Com

i am using the latest version of Xalan

can anybody help me??
thanx in advance & regards