Re: Novice

Subject: Re: Novice
From: Glenn Becker <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:21:20 -0400 (EDT)
Reading is great if you get the right books (poisonous if you happen to
pick up the wrong ones) but the best way to learn is by doing ... find a
text editor you're comfy with & start creating files. I used the books on
my desk as a data set ... play with creating XML files, DTDs, try XSLT (as
many others on this list, I recommend the Michael Kay book from Wrox: it
is exhaustive and the writing is exemplary) ... keep going. It all remains
abstract and vaguely cool-sounding until you try it out ... and THEN ... !

// G l e n n  B e c k e r                                                |

// I myself walked at the funeral of tenderness.                         |
//             -- John Berryman                                          |

// glenn@xxxxxxxxx                                                       |