Re: XSL Sort and Xalan

Subject: Re: XSL Sort and Xalan
From: "Bryce Wells" <bryce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:36:56 -0500
> Try <xsl:sort order="ascending" select="{$item}"/>
> (note curly brackets.)

Sorry, should have added that - I have tried that and this is the error I
was receiving:

XSL Error: pattern = '{$item}'
Extra illegal tokens: '$', 'item}', style tree node:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemSort@1af6f6
XSL Error: Could not parse f:/server/apache/htdocs/schedule/Schedule.xsl
document!, Location
file:/f:/server/apache/htdocs/schedule/PadScheduleMain.xsl, line 224, offset
61
XSL Error: SAX Exception, Location
file:/f:/server/apache/htdocs/schedule/Schedule.xsl, line 224, offset 61
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: pattern = '{$item}'
Extra illegal tokens: '$', 'item}'
 at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)

. . . etc., etc.