<xsl:stylesheet xmlns...

Subject: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns...
From: Eric Taylor <Eric.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:19:06 -0500
On the second line of my XSL (which I inherited, and am still stumbling
about with), I find this:

   <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
xmlns:HTML="http://www.w3.org/Profiles/XHTML-transitional";>

I note that a number of examples I've seen have slightly different material
here, for example, in a few of Jeni's examples I've seen

   <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>

For the heck of it, I tried this latter line instead of the one I had, and
found that my page rendered very oddly, but that it also didn't get the
undefined error I'd previously been getting.  If you'll continue to bear
with novice questions, what exactly is this line doing and what is currently
appropriate to have there.  Thanks.  Eric