Re: Urgent !!! '&' being replaced by '&'

Subject: Re: Urgent !!! '&' being replaced by '&'
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:03:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Mahesh,

> <xsl:variable name="cardTitle"
select="XML-MSG/SERVICE-INFO/OUTPUT/Result/headline" />
> <card id="News" title="{$cardTitle}">
>
> I want that &apos; remains as &apos; and not &amp;apos;
> Can anybody please help me solve this problem?

I think in this case you can't use attribute value templates
(curly braces). Maybe the following does what you want
(by specifying disable-output-escaping):

<card id="News">
   <xsl:attribute name="title">
      <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="$cardTitle" />
   </xsl:attribute>
</card>

By the way: It's really unnecessary to choose a mail subject "Urgent ..."
Most people will help you if they can. But don't try to press somebody.
;-)

Good luck,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |