Re: SAX is not XML (Key() Re: Saxon VS XT)

Subject: Re: SAX is not XML (Key() Re: Saxon VS XT)
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:45:01 +0100 (BST)
Paul Tchistopolskii writes:
 > I don't think storing Sebastian's data in plain text file
 > is appropriate. But I understand why he does it.
 > He is using the best free technology he has
 > at the moment.

my data, FWIW, used to be in relational databases for 10 years (it has
been through dBase, Oracle, Ingres etc). and in all that time it drove
me mad editing the data, because what was obviously (to me) a unit of
editing (the gravestone in front of my eyes) was spread over 10
tables. So I had to build complex, and unsatisfactory, forms. Then I
put it all in SGML (and then XML) and lo! it suddenly became
_editable_. Yes, there is a point to the story - there is a
considerable gray area between traditional `data' and traditional
`text' (would you put Hamlet into Oracle?), and XML + X* tools is
doing an excellent job there, thanks very much.

Sebastian