Transform results munged in Mozilla

Subject: Transform results munged in Mozilla
From: "Eric Costello" <eric@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:22:54 -0500
When doing a transform with MSXML3 sing the following XSL namespace:
	<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

The results of the transform begin with this line:
	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

That line is NOT included in the results of a transform using this
namespace:
	<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>

but that is the old namespace, right? Besides it being obsolete, I can't use
that one because it does not support disable-output-escaping.

I have the results of the transform I am performing (in my ASP code) as a
string value, and I am sending that string to the browser as part of a
complete HTML document. Everything works just fine with the <?xml tag
included EXCEPT in the new Mozilla release, where it apparently breaks the
parser and ends up showing as a bunch of noise (like: ??????*!!?????).

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Should my transform output
contain that <?xml tag? If so, why? If not, how do I get rid of it?

Thanks very much!

Eric

Eric Costello
eric@xxxxxxxxx