Should be simple -- XSLT on XHTML document

Subject: Should be simple -- XSLT on XHTML document
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:02:20 -0700
I'm trying to apply an XSLT stylesheet to an XHTML document to produce
a new XHTML document with style="..." tags added.  For some reason it's
not working.

Here's what I start with:

<head>
<title>A Simple Data Table</title>
</head>
    <th>Dog Name</th>
    <th>Sex</th>
    <th>Age</th>

Here's my XSLT:

  version="1.0"
  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>

  <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
  <xsl:output indent="yes"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
      <head>
        <title>Bartlett Dogs</title>
      </head>
        <h1 style="font-family: Arial, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bartlet
t Dogs</h1>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="html/body/*" />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="table">
g="4">
      <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="tr">
      <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="th">
    <th align="left" style="background-color: white; font-weight: bold; font-
family: Arial, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      <xsl:apply-templates />
    </th>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="td">
-family: Arial, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

The output (on both MS's parser and Saxon) is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
   <head>
      <title>Bartlett Dogs</title>
   </head>
      <h1 style="font-family: Arial, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bartlett
Dogs</h1>

I'm sure it must be something painfully obvious, but I can't see it, and neither can one of my friends. What glaringly obvious thing have I overlooked here?

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.kynn.com/