MSXML and Inline schemas

Subject: MSXML and Inline schemas
From: "Gale, Paul" <GaleP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:31:10 -0500
Hi,

I'm writing an XSLT stylsheet that will transform the XML output of an ADO
recordset from attribute-normal form to element-normal form. In the result
document I insert inline a new schema to validate the element-normal form of
the document. So far, so good. I am using MSXSML.DLL v3.0 as the parser on
Win2K.

As a test I deliberately removed the elementType definition of a particular
element in the inline schema yet still produced an element of the said type
in the result document on output from the XSLT transform. The result
document is validated on load by setting the validateOnParse property to
true on the DOM document COM object. I would expect the output document to
fail the validation on load as there is an element present that does not
have an associated definition in the inline schema. What's going on here?
Have I misunderstood what a schema is used for?

Any ideas?

Paul