RE: WYSIWYG XSL Editors

Subject: RE: WYSIWYG XSL Editors
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:49:48 +0100
 Wendell Piez

> >what text editor are you using?
>
> I'm using TextPad from Helios software (http://www.textpad.com). It's
> pretty nice if you run Windows are are e-macs deficient like
> myself. And
> you can't beat the price: until you decide to pay the
> US$27.00, it's just
> nagware. The configuration is home-cooked.
>
> Of course, I'm told that e-macs is far superior, and I
> believe Mulberry has
> an e-macs mode for xsl available (check the site).

You surprise me Wendell!
(I'm guessing you don't sit next to Tony, or I'm sure he would
have converted you :-)

Tony Grahams xsl mode for emacs makes it a dream to use for xsl.
The saving on typing is worth the effort alone!
And as for balanced indents/tags I have it as nearing essential!

I had to spend a few days with the O'Reilly emacs book,
(Learning GNU Emacs)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1565921526/o/qid=967542467/sr=8-1/
026-5863736-8174868
but once I had psgml set up,
Tony's xsl mode is a dream come true!

psgml setup is made easier by Marcus 'idiot guide'
at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/ntsgml.html

Avoid RSI, use emacs!

Regards DaveP