RE: two-toned background....

Subject: RE: two-toned background....
From: "Dickson, Dan" <Dan.Dickson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:11:58 -0400
i am formatting a report so that it has a two-colored background,
alternating grey & white using two CSS classnames class1 and class2 in HTML
table <TD> tags.

to get class1 or class2 in my XSL i do: select="position() mod 2" in the
attribute of the TD tag and paste the 1 or 2 to the word 'class'

the problem i am having is that my XML structure is about 4 levels deep, and
I need to know the position() for members that are BELOW the first <TD> in
each row (if that makes any sense...in other words i need to put the same
position() mod value for each <TD> in a given <TR>, but how can i "carry"
this value between different nodesets in the XML document hierarchy?).

ok, i'm probably not wording this correctly, but has anyone tried to do this
sort of thing before?

any help appreciated.
Dan