Re: Call-Template confusion

Subject: Re: Call-Template confusion
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:31:56 -0600 (MDT)
Emitchell154@xxxxxx wrote:
> is there a way to write a micro-dtd, just a few lines, which
> more-or-less says "Everything is permitted"

As was mentioned, you normally have some control over what XML parser the
XSLT processor is going to invoke. You can tell it to use a non-validating
parser. This won't prevent the DTD from being read, but will prevent
validity checks from being made based on it.

The answer to your question is no. The most minimal thing you could do is
declare every element that is actually used, and in the declarations set
the contents of all of them to ANY. ANY means any *declared* element.

  <!ELEMENT foo ANY>

If it is not necessary to validate at all, and you have no entity
references in your XML, then for your application you are probably better
off just removing the reference to the DTD from your XML files. You still
have to make sure you're using a non-validating parser, though. If you use
a validating parser, not having a DTD will kill you. :)

The address in your signature didn't match the address in your message.

   - Mike