RE: NEWBY QUESTION : multiple html output

Subject: RE: NEWBY QUESTION : multiple html output
From: sara.mitchell@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:25:42 -0400
Having some mild experience with this subject, let me make a couple
of suggestions. There are several different 'programmatic' tools
that will do machine translations -- although the output can be
quite rough. These tools generally have ways to 'refine' the output
over time as long as your subject matter isn't wildly different
at each iteration. An Internet search on translation should get you
references to these.

If your source is very different every time, I would suggest
human translation instead. It can be costly, but the quality is
much better. Translation firms are also frequently familiar
with SGML as a source as many of their long-term customers have
been using SGML for quite a while. They should now be able to handle
XML as a source.

My one suggestion is this: give them your source XML in one
language and have them _output_ the same XML with the translated
content. Then, use XSLT to transform the XML (in each specific
language) into multiple HTML output files. It's much easier
to manage.

Sara