Re: XSL-FO side-region's border question

Subject: Re: XSL-FO side-region's border question
From: MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:21:21 +0900
Nikolai,

>Judging from the spec, I presume that the authors meant rotating only the
>content of the side region. Paragraph 7.18.3. "reference-orientation" of the XSL
>WD reads:
>
>WD> The reference-orientation specifies the direction for "top"
>WD> for the content-rectangle of the "reference-area".
>
>Nothing is said about rotating padding-rectangle or border-rectangle; therefore
>I presume they should be left unrotated.
>
>> if the latter is correct, i have to use border-bottom instead of border-right.
>
>My interpretation is that the former is correct. However, I think this point
>deserves explicitation in the spec.

I'm grad of your answer.

when I posted the question, I had found the following sample in
RenderX's demo file "testcase.fo":

  <fo:region-start reference-orientation="90"
     vertical-align="bottom" precedence="true"
     background-image="url('Images/spots.jpg')"
     background-repeat="repeat"
     border-bottom="thin solid blue"
     extent="0.7in"/>

I wanted to know whether this "border-bottom" was only for the old  WD-
xsl-19990421 spec.

I converted this to WD-xsl-20000327 spec:

  <fo:region-start reference-orientation="90"
     display-align="after"
     background-image="Images/spots.jpg"
     background-repeat="repeat"
     border-right="thin solid blue"
     extent="0.7in"/>

but could not decide the change "border-bottom" -> "border-right".

oops, background-image... a real headache.

~Murakami Shinyu