RE: The document() function....again !!

Subject: RE: The document() function....again !!
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:51:50 +0100
> IMVHO XSL is too contra human to be the first language.

I'm not sure I'd want to teach anyone XSLT as their first language, I'm not
sure it would be doing them a service, but it would probably be easier than
teaching it as a second language! I don't think there's anything in XSLT
that is more "contra-human" than any other language, but there are plenty of
things that are "contra-programmer", if you happen to be a programmer who
has only used procedural, imperative languages.

For information, XSLT is the first time in my career I've been exposed to
functional programming, except as a theoretical concept.

Mike Kay