Re: Announcement (repeat): Ottawa-area XSLT/XPath Instructor-led Training

Subject: Re: Announcement (repeat): Ottawa-area XSLT/XPath Instructor-led Training
From: "edmund mitchell" <edmund_mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:16:18 HST
Mr Holman
I read with interest your posting about the upcoming Ottawa-area XSLT training. Like everyone else on the list, I would love to be able to attend.
I'm writing to ask your opinion: I'm a student (at Marist College, down in New York) so the two-day course is only a dream due to the expense, but I have been told by Ms. Usdin at Mulberrytech, that occasionally, the GCA people will allow a student to work for a period at their conferences in exchange for a pass to part of the conference-in this case, your one-day tutorial at XML 2000 in Washington, D.C.

Assuming I can work it out with the GCA people (and spruce up my 'convention worker' resume), going to D.C. and staying at a hotel for a couple of nights, and missing a day of school (just 2 weeks prior to finals) is a still-significant investment of time and money for me, and I read on the Crane Softwrights web page that you think the two-day format to be ideal, and that the one day only has enough time to be an introduction. I'm _nowhere_ near where I want to be (as good as you by the time I'm 30 :>)), but I'm past the basics, so: at long last, my question: Do you think it's worth it? I know that this is an impossible question for you to answer, but, if you were a student with a knowledge of XSLT beyond the introductory stage, would you jump through all these hoops to attend your tutorial?
Sincerely
Edmund

Subject: Upcoming Instructor-led Training

Three weeks from today, November 6/7, we will be holding a two-day hands-on
XSLT/XPath instructor-led tutorial at the Residence Inn on Laurier Avenue West.

Please see the link on our home page for more information.