Re: How to choose XSLT engine (WAS: Which engine?)

Subject: Re: How to choose XSLT engine (WAS: Which engine?)
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:11:11 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Alexey Gokhberg <alexei@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Don't use training materials from vendors of XSLT engines -
> this materials may contain vendor-specific features.

The set of examples from Michael Kay's book is available
from Wrox website.

Even this set is from "vendor of XSLT engine", I highly
recommend downloading those examples. When debugging
XSLScript I was looking for some set of testcases that
will cover many features of XSLT. I was surprized how diverse
are those examples - they really could be considered a
simple-but-reasonable  XSLT test suite!

I think Michael's set is very handy for starters and
it is also a nice test of conformance.

> Be critical to advices like:
>
> "I think that the engines A and B are really the best. Somebody told me
> that there are also engines X, Y and Z on the market, but I had never
> tried them ..." (again, based on the real posting on this list)

Be critical to advices from maling-lists. Period. ;-)

Rgds.Paul.