View XSL output in IE5 (was Re: ie xml-viewer...)

Subject: View XSL output in IE5 (was Re: ie xml-viewer...)
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:50:10 -0600 (MDT)
thomas kloecker wrote:
>> In IE, enter the URL res://msxml.dll/defaultss.xsl and save
>> the source
>
> "File->Save as" gives "the XML-source is not available for viewing."
> Do I have to spend hours to modify what I get by "edit->mark all, copy/
> paste into some editor?"

The (old) XSL you see is what was applied to the XML to produce the nice
display. The XSL contains all the stuff that is going into the HTML that
is being rendered. If you need to see the HTML source produced by the
transformation, then go to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/code/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/543/msdncompositedoc.xml

and follow the instructions there. Then you'll be able to right-click on
the browser window and choose 'View XSL Output' to see the HTML (or
whatever) the rendered page is representing.

(possible MSXML FAQ candidate here..)

   - Mike