RE: Saxon and MSXML3 differences

Subject: RE: Saxon and MSXML3 differences
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:42:56 +0100
> I've encountered unexpected output with both
> Instant Saxon and MSXML3.  Do you think it is
> the &trade; entity, defined in my DTD?

This isn't the output I get with Saxon: my output definitely has the word
"ALDARA" in it. Which version are you using? You could be suffering the
"disappearing output" problem which happens (or used to happen) with some
versions of the Microsoft Java VM: use Tools/ Windows Update in IE5 if you
suspect this.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the &trade; entity, or with the
MSXML3 output: the only problem is that you've looked at the output file
with an editor or viewer that can't read UTF-8. See what happens with
 <xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-1"/>

Mike Kay