Re: Castor -> XSLT

Subject: Re: Castor -> XSLT
From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:30:40 -0700
Jason Russ wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how one
> would go about piping the output of castor
> to an XSLT processor (specifically Xalan)?

I don't know anything about Castor but I guess Marshaller.marshal
must be generating SAX events for a DocumentHandler.

What happens when you try this?  At first glance, it looks to me
like it should work.  Are you getting any output on System.out?

Are you sure that the marshaller is generating SAX events for
your input?  Can you serialize your Castor output and run it
through Xalan from the command line using your stylesheet to verify that
there should be some output?

Finally, you might want to add tracing to your processor.  See this code
example http://xml.apache.org/xalan/usagepatterns.html#debugging for
details on how to include this in your program.

HTH,
Gary