RE: MSXML3.0 and Java

Subject: RE: MSXML3.0 and Java
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:19:25 +0100
> The proprietary msxsl:script extension function also supports
> calling any scripting language from within the XSL transform,
> and could technically be used to call compiled Java code, but I'm not
> aware of any scenarios where someone would want to do such a thing..

Actually in ICL we have some very big projects (online banking) using Java
in a Microsoft COM environment, including XSL, and it works very well. Of
course it's not a combination we'd have chosen today and we have concerns
about the future, but before Microsoft lost interest in Java they did a very
good job at making it work well in a COM environment.

Mike Kay