Re: <xsl:value-of select="/ROW[$row]/@$col"/>

Subject: Re: <xsl:value-of select="/ROW[$row]/@$col"/>
From: "Ian Sparks" <isparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:33:02 -0000
Michael,

Thank you for your reply. It solves my problem.

One of the reasons I am structuring data this way is that the HEADINGS
section items also contain further information about the data attributes in
a ROW :

 <ITEM NAME="FOUR" TYPE="Numeric"/>

The document is dynamic, one instance may have 1 heading item with any name,
the next may have 50 columns.

I have always viewed my XML documents like Objects. An object gets a tag of
its own, properties of the object are represented as attributes unless they
are sub-objects in which case they get their own tag within the parent.

Perhaps there is a better conceptual model to use? I would appreciate the
enlightenment.

Thanks again.

- Ian Sparks.