Re: O(n) notation (and character padding)

Subject: Re: O(n) notation (and character padding)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:05:14 GMT
> Another long message!  Are you feeling all right?

Probably the effect of trying to get 600 pages of docbook to survive
translation with XSLT to XSL FO and come out as PDF using the system
that was originally written to typeset the book mentioned earlier on
this thread (Knuth's TAOCP).

> Perhaps this is my problem. I can see that a naive implementation that
> actually went through the entirety of the rest of the list to gather
> all those that were greater (i.e. 'gets all the elements') would lead
> to 0(n^2).

unless I misread it,
.... [goes back and reads posting again]

Ah, I did misread it sorry. You do only work down the list once.

David