"Grammar not found" error when trying to load XSL Namespace

Subject: "Grammar not found" error when trying to load XSL Namespace
From: "Flynn, Jim" <JFlynn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:59:19 -0500
I am trying to run one of the examples in Brett McLaughlin's "Java and XML"
book. Basically, I am attempting to use the xalan XSLT processor to
transform a document into html. When I try to process the XML document, I
get the following error from the Xalan processor:

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -VALIDATE -IN contents.xml -XSL
./XSL/JavaXML_book.html.xsl

========= Parsing file:/usr/data/dsk1/jflynn/java-xml/XSL/JavaXML.html.xsl
==========
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform grammar not found
Parser error: Element type "xsl:stylesheet" must be declared.
Parser error: Attribute "version" must be declared for element type
"xsl:stylesh
eet".
Parser error: Element type "xsl:template" must be declared.
Parser error: Attribute "match" must be declared for element type
"xsl:template"
.
Parser error: Element type "html" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "head" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "title" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "xsl:value-of" must be declared.
Parser error: Attribute "select" must be declared for element type
"xsl:value-of
".
Parser error: Element type "body" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "xsl:apply-templates" must be declared.

etc.

Here is the first portion of the XSL file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform/";
                xmlns:JavaXML="http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaxml/";

I can reach the namespace docuement directly via netscape from the same
machine, so I know it's not a connectivity problem. Also, it does appear
that the document is partially translated. Anyone have any thoughts? TIA.
--
Jim Flynn
Software Dev Mgr