RE: Inline (embedded) XSL within XML document

Subject: RE: Inline (embedded) XSL within XML document
From: Toben Taft <ttaft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:12:39 -0600
Thank you for your response. If I use your example and create the following
XML document, the template match element (notvalidelement) is being
processed even though the element name does not match a document element. If
I separate the XML and XSL documents, the template match element is not
processed.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="#style" type="text/xsl"?>
<document>
	<xsl:stylesheet id="style" version="1.0"

	<xsl:template match="notvalidelement">
	!! inside not valid element !!
  	</xsl:template>

  	<xsl:template match="xsl:stylesheet"/>