[xsl] Tags within tags

Subject: [xsl] Tags within tags
From: "Nice, Kerry A. (LNG-SHEP)" <Kerry.Nice@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:44:54 -0700
Hi,
I was given the following xml and I need to convert it to rtf.  There are
<nl/> tags scattered at random places throughout it.  How do I turn those
tags into /par.  Granted, this isn't the way I would have constructed the
xml, but that wasn't my decision.

Here is some of the xml:
<COUNSEL n="105" lntype="seg">
  For Phyllis Richardson, Appellant: Bernardo Lopez, Federal Public
Defender/Southern Dist. of FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL.

  <nl/>

  <nl/>For United States of America, Appellee: Sangita Rao, Dept of Justice,
Washington, DC. Neil Karadbil, U.S. Atttorneys Office, Miami, FL. Marc
Eagleson, Stephen Schlessinger, Anne R. Schultz, U.S. Attorney&apos;s
Office, Miami, FL.
</COUNSEL>

<JUDGES n="110" lntype="seg">
  Before BARKETT, WILSON and MAGILL *, Circuit Judges.
  <footnote headerend="no" headerbegin="no">
    <fn id="fnotestar1" fnridrefs="refstar1" labelicon="yes">
      <fnbody>
        <nl/>
        <nl/>
        * Honorable Frank J. Magill, U.S. Circuit Judge for the Eighth
Circuit Court of Appeals, sitting by designation. WILSON, Circuit Judge,
concurring.
      </fnbody>
    </fn>
  </footnote>
</JUDGES>

And so far, this xsl has not worked:

<xsl:template match="COUNSEL">
\par <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;I&gt;</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="JUDGES">
\par <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;I&gt;</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
\par\par }  }
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="nl">