RE: [xsl] Netscape Navigator not displaying emdash

Subject: RE: [xsl] Netscape Navigator not displaying emdash
From: Dylan Walsh <Dylan.Walsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:49:07 -0000
I have a different suggestion from the others: Use the XML output mode in
your stylesheet. Seen as
the HTML output mode is the one that replaces &#x2014 with &mdash;, this
should not happen in XML mode.

You'll be generating a sort of XHTML (really it is just well-formed HTML).
There are some compatibility tricks on the W3C site for older browsers e.g.
putting a space in empty tags e.g. "<br />" instead of "<br/>".