RE: [xsl] qname + uri

Subject: RE: [xsl] qname + uri
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:13:24 -0000
> In a testing application I'm writing, I have a need to
> 1.validate  a given ID value as being a valid qname.

The current version of Saxon has a static method
com.icl.saxon.om.Name#isQName() which should be very easy to call from XSLT.

> 2. I also need to validate a uri + fragment as being valid.

I've come to the conclusion that isn't possible. A URI is only valid if it
uses a protocol name that has been registered, and the set of registered
protocols changes with time. Saxon allows any string to be used as a URI,
until it's dereferenced, at which point it must be a URL acceptable to Java.

Mike Kay