[xsl] Dumb HTML <A> question

Subject: [xsl] Dumb HTML <A> question
From: "Jack A. Zucker" <jaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:06:23 -0500
I'm dynamically generating links in html from my xsl processing using the
following code:

<xsl:template match="HelpFile">
  <xsl:element name="A">
    <xsl:attribute name = "href" ><xsl:value-of select="."
/></xsl:attribute>Help
  </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

This works fine but seems to be a bit terse. Is there a simpler way to do
this other than building the <A> and @href nodes programmatically?

The other issue is not really related to xml/xsl but is a html help issue.
My actual link is to a .chm file which is registered to point to hh.exe (the
microsoft html help executable). The link works fine but I want to be able
to specify a help topic to the html help engine and not just come up on the
default topic, but I don't seem to be able to do it from the hot link. Other
than instantiating the html active x control and talking to it through
script, have any of you guys gotten it to work?

Sorry about the off topic question.

-Jaz

Email: jaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jazz Guitar Site: http://www.jackzucker.com