Re: [xsl] Re: topological sort

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: topological sort
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 13:46:30 +0100

Jeni Tennison wrote:

> Hi Joerg,
>
> > Can one of the gurus please comment on the
> > "count(field/type/ref)=count(...)"
[...]
> So your construct count be replaced by:
>
>   not(field/type/ref[not(. = $processed/name)])

Thank you for the hint.
In predicate calculus language, this is the application of the
equivalence
  FORALL x: P(x) <=> not EXIST x: not P(x)

I should have thought of this by myself!

> I'm not sure whether this will be more efficient - it probably depends
> on the processor. [...]

Xalan shows a small but overall insignificant improvment. Some
trace messages indicate that the transformation time is dominated
by other processing steps, but even the step processing the structure
definitions is not much faster.

> I hope that helps,
It did!

Regards