[xsl] Creating a number new nodes in a tree based upon a numeric value

Subject: [xsl] Creating a number new nodes in a tree based upon a numeric value
From: Robert Goheen <RobertG@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:14:28 -0800
Ok, I think the answer is "no", but I'm still curious to ask.

Say I have an XML doc that contains something like:

 <Tag ID="1">
   <Value>4</Value>
 </Tag>
 <Tag ID="2">
   <Value>2</Value>
 </Tag>

... and I want to end up with something like:

<TABLE>
 <TR ID="1">
   <TD></TD>
   <TD></TD>
   <TD></TD>
   <TD></TD>
 </TR>
</TABLE>
<TABLE>
 <TR ID="2">
   <TD></TD>
   <TD></TD>
 </TR>
</TABLE>

In other words, I want to create a set of new nodes, the count of which is
based upon a *value* contained in the document.  I'm using MSXML 3.0, so I
know I can extend functionality via the MSXML:SCRIPT tag (ok, so I haven't
actually tried it yet, but I've found some close examples).  But I was
wondering if there was any way to do this via the standard functionality
set.

Thanks in advance.

Robert S. Goheen
mailto:robertg@xxxxxxxxxxx