Re: [xsl] XML to RTF with XSL?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML to RTF with XSL?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:52:43 +0000
 >  Like Linda, I'd love to see one that would target Word/RTF, Frame/MIF, a
 >  Quark-friendly input format etc. etc. These are features on which XSL-FO
 >  engines, it seems to me, ought to be able to compete. Because layout
 >  designers always want (need) to tweak a page in little ways before
 >  printing, it doesn't seem that PDF should be the only useful "terminal"
 >  format for an XSL-FO engine.

dont forget processing instructions. thats one way for the designer to
tweak things. PassiveTeX supports this - you can say <?xmltex \newpage
?> to force a new page, for instance. Doing a real book, we found it
necessary to do this about 10 or 12 times over 200 pages, ie override
the formatter's decisions.

sebastian