[xsl] pdfjadetex and display-group

Subject: [xsl] pdfjadetex and display-group
From: owner-dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (by way of B. Tommie Usdin)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:13:02 -0500

From: jany.quintard@xxxxxxxxxx X-Lotus-FromDomain: IBMFR To: dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <C12569D6.003873B6.00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:16:01 +0100 Subject: pdfjadetex and display-group Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline

Some days ago, I posted a message about problems in ToC with the TeX
backend.
The problem is the following :
My document is divided in divisions (<d>) containing a prolog (<dp>) and a
body (<dbody>). Each body can contain other divisions.
I want a page-break before each high-level division. For this, I use the
display-group flow object :

(element d
  (let* (chapter? ...  boolean true if high level division)
    (if chapter? (make display-group break-before: 'page
                   (process-children))
                 (process-children)))

This is working well, but :
- the ToC is badly generated, with the page-number of the first page of
each display-group appearing as : ??.
  (for this, I suppose I can modify the TeX file, but it is not very
clean).
- The left footer of the last page of each display-group is not on the same
line as the other elements of the footer.

This does not occur if I output RTF.
The removing of the "break-before: 'page" instruction correct the problem.

The fot output seems correct.
I suspect there is something in the jadeTeX,-pdfjadeTeX package I am using.
I am running Linux. JadeTeX version is  : JadeTeX 2000/04/10: 2.18.

So my questions :
Have anyone had these problems ?
Is there any known workaround ?

TIA. Jany.

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of IBM.
Jany Quintard - IBM Paris Laboratory
Application & Integration Middleware Division