[xsl] Re:

Subject: [xsl] Re:
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:51:25 +0000
Hi Kapil,

> can any body tell me how to compare variables in xsl i do not want
> same name from the database.if there are two or more same names.then
> i want it only once

It appears you're going to keep sending this message until someone
replies.  To compare two variables in XSLT, use any of:

  $variable1 = $variable2
  $variable1 != $variable2
  $variable1 &lt; $variable2
  $variable1 &lt;= $variable2
  $variable1 &gt; $variable2
  $variable1 &gt;= $variable2

I don't think that this is actually what you want to know.  I think
that you have a grouping problem.  If you have a look at
http://www.jenitennison.com/grouping/ then you might get some ideas
about how to solve it.

Aside from that, posting more details about what you're trying to
achieve, namely (a) what your source XML looks like, (b) what you want
your output to look like and preferably (c) what you've tried so far
that hasn't worked will help us help you.

Sorry I can't be more help,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison