Re: [xsl] Regex string function question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Regex string function question
From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:27:27 -0700
> Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> >
> > Noting that 4XSLT has the equivalent of your match-regexp function through its ft:match extension function.
>
> Looks like your 4XSLT would be the perfect tool... if only it was writen
> in Java :):) !

Ooh.  Flame on!

Just kidding.  If you need a Java processor, how can you beat Saxon?  In fact,
to ask fairly, how can anyone in any language beat Saxon?

> I need to have a closer look then to see if we could do the same with
> our favorite XSLT processor...

IIRC Oromatcher is the best solution for Java regex, but not quite open
source.  Can't you use this to write a quick extension?

I'll have to give you my sermon about the perilous evils of Java the next time
we meet, Eric.

uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               +1 303 583 9900 x 101