Re: [xsl] xslt problems with IE5.5 - the example

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt problems with IE5.5 - the example
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:02:17 -0700 (MST)
Eyal Shneider wrote:
> This is exactly the XSL that fails on IE5.5 to upload the file :
> (As u can see, everything is static in it)
>
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> version="1.0">
> <xsl:template match="/">
> <HTML>
> 	<BODY>
> 		<FORM NAME="uploadForm" METHOD="post" ACTION="..\servlet\CmpReciever" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
> 			<P><INPUT id="file1" name="file1" type="file"/></P>
> 			<P><INPUT id="submit1" name="submit1" type="submit" value="Submit"/></P>
> 		</FORM>
> 	</BODY>
> </HTML>
> </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks for posting the code.

I am running IE 5.50.4522.1800 (IE 5.5 SP1) on Windows NT Workstation 4.0
SP6. MSXML 3.0 is installed and IE is using it. I tested with an arbitrary
XML document that uses your XSLT code above, except that I changed the
action URL to one that would work on my system. My conclusion? You are
right. I would say you have in fact discovered a bug in IE 5.5. I have
gone ahead and submitted a problem report with Microsoft.

More specifically, what is happening is that IE is constructing an HTTP
POST request like this:

POST /printenv HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache

-----------------------------7d12923af101b8

...note there is no data after the last line, there is no ending boundary
marker, and the Accept-Language header is duplicated.

If the HTML from the XSL file is loaded as a separate HTML document, the
post results in this submission (which is correct):

POST /printenv HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="uploadtest.xsl"?><!-- for IE -->
<blah/>

Submit