RE: [xsl] xslt problems with IE5.5

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt problems with IE5.5
From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:22:47 -0800
Check out
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/webtechnology/xml/iexmltls.asp.
Install is strange -- you have to download and unpack it, then
right-click on the .inf files to install.  Then, whenever you load a
file that does XSLT in the browser, you can right-click in the web
browser and do "View XSL Output", which basically shows the HTML instead
of the other XML "source".

Also note that the Unofficial MSXML XSLT FAQ at www.netcrucible.com now
has a script from Jarno Elovirta that should detect what parser you have
installed.

Paul
> Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 9:18 PM
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt problems with IE5.5
>

> First identify the problem.  You're using XSLT to generate HTML, then
> you're
> using that HTML to upload a file, if I understand your description
> correctly.  You need to identify which of these two steps is causing
the
> problem.
>
> Does the XSLT generate the same HTML in both IE5.0 and IE5.5?  If not,
> then
> you might have a setup problem somewhere.  But if the HTML is the same
in
> both browsers, then you are generating HTML that works in IE5.0 but
> doesn't
> work in IE5.5 (this seems unlikely).

IE5.5