Re: [xsl] Detecting presence of attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Detecting presence of attributes
From: Peter Flynn <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:07:57 +2400
At Monday, 5 February 2001, you wrote:

>> I think translate SP to "," might also do it.
>
>It depends what you want to do. If you just want to put them out
as text,

Yep, and you can guess why :-)

>but if you want to process each one, get its associated URI etc, you'll
>need to recurse.
>
>But you should think of recursive templates are a pleasure, not
a chore,
>otherwise you'll never get on with XSLT.

Oh I get on just fine with XSLT. I just keep on bumping into stuff
that I expect
to work (because its equivalent in SGML software has worked for a
decade)
and not unnaturally the fullness of XML and XSLT has not been grokked
yet.

>It could be worse: \ifcat#1=10 \foo\expandafter\else\bar\expandafter\fi
>to use an idiom in a language we both know well...

You know what I miss from XML? CONREF :-)

///Peter