RE: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments
From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:34:05 -0500
At 9:58 AM -0800 2/12/01, Adam Van Den Hoven wrote:

Perhaps, instead of defining everything in terms of JAVA or C++, perhaps its
time to take a left turn and look at Microsoft's CLI which would allow one
to write in any language (assuming a proper complier existed) and run on any
platform. I have no idea how it would work but I'm sure someone does. In
fact, using CLI is perhaps better than JAVA, if for no other reason than
interoperablity. Microsoft has submitted C# and the CLI
(http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/memento/tc39.htm) to ECMA for standardization
where JAVA is apparently still proprietary to SUN.

No it isn't. CLI is language independent but platform dependent. You can use any language you like as long as you run it on Windows.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Writer/Programmer |
|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |