Re: [xsl] Re: XSLT 1.1 comments

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: XSLT 1.1 comments
From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:50:09 -0700
> James Clark wrote:
>
> > Adam Van Den Hoven wrote:
> >
> > > If I write a document that I can say is 100% XSLT
> > > compliant, then I demand that when I use that document in a
> processor that
> > > is 100% compliant the resulting output is exactly as I have
> specified.
> >
> > This is not the case in XSLT 1.0.  For example:
> >
> > - Stylesheets that use extensions (whether extension functions or
> > extension elements) are 100% XSLT compliant, but there is not
> guarantee
> > that a processor will be able to handle them.
> >
> > - XSLT 1.0 also allows extension of output methods and sorting
> > datatypes, which are not guaranteed to be supported.
> >
> > - XSLT 1.0 processors are not required to support
> > disable-output-escaping.
>

> I would add to this list yet another item:
>
> - the result of xsl:sort may be different on different XSLT processors.

Hmm.  We could add to this list until the cows come home:

- The order of attribute nodes could differ on output
- The namespace nodes on output may differ
- There might be a different set of attributes in the source tree for
different parsers (depending on whether they use validating or non-validating
parsers)

etc.

But none of this is directly relevant to my opposition to xsl:script.

uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               +1 303 583 9900 x 101