Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:57:48 GMT

> If I use tags that are not in the XSL namespace then its not 100% xsl is it.
> its XSL + saxon extensions. Its still valid XSL but its not 100% pure BC
> grown XSL.

that is still true with 1.1's xsl:script. If you don't use functions or
elements in an extension namespace then the xsl file is portable. No
matter how many xsl:script elements you might have used.

Incidentally including xsl:script elements that you don't use isn't
entirely unlikely, any more than it is unlikely that you have functions
in an external library that you don't use. One could easily imagine a
library of useful functions available in xsl:script that you
xsl:include'd into a stylesheet. Whether or not a particular stylesheet
actually uses one of those functions is another matter (just as a
current saxon or xt stylesheet might or might not use some method
available in a class in the class path). Having the method available
doesn't affect portability, using it does.

David