RE: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments
From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:18:13 -0800
Yes, I am having trouble getting to the web site right now but I will put up
slides when I can.  I approached it more from the angle that there probably
was not a canonical list of all issues that might be discovered, so some
general guidelines and then I listed some "common pitfalls", like extension
functions, etc.

1) Don't use the old MSXML parser
2) Know when to use XSLT and when not to
3) No substitute for testing on multiple processors
4) All the pitfalls you mentioned below

I'm sure there is another section or two, but that's the general idea.
Number 2 above is important for portability and can be pretty involved when
talking from slides -- amazing the stuff people try to use XSLT for