Re: Stylesheet portability (Long) (Was: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments)

Subject: Re: Stylesheet portability (Long) (Was: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:32:49 GMT
> Do
> you really want to assign an explicit priority to every single (match)
> template, AND guarantee that no two of the same priority will ever
> otherwise conflict?

I don't want to use explicit priorities normally but I _do_ normally
want to avoid having two rules with the same priority. (ie I want the
processor to error or warn that case so i can remove it by adding a
priority or changing the match pattern.

Is this really a burden? Why do you assume having conflicting templates
would be common  and not something to be avoided? I think I must be
missing something here.

David