Re: [xsl] Concat ( Again )

Subject: Re: [xsl] Concat ( Again )
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:17:32 +0100
Samuzeau Pascal wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Here is more information
>
> My declaration :
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> version="1.0" ?
>
> I don't know exactly my processor XSLT, I must ask to my supervisor, who is
> not there now. But I'm working
> on UNIX platform under APACHE, and I must run XML on module ASP.

We are sure that you are not using the pre MSXML 3.0 Microsoft
implementation, then.

Your symptom is really weird.

The fact that < A HREF="{$URL}" > gives HREF="concat($Located,$Named)"
shows that it does expend {$URL} as a reference to a variable and it
looks like the definition of the variable is not understood:

<xsl:variable name="URL" select="concat($Located,$Named)"
/></xsl:variable>

BTW, this snippet in not well formed XML and should have been written

<xsl:variable name="URL" select="concat($Located,$Named)" />

or

<xsl:variable name="URL"
select="concat($Located,$Named)"></xsl:variable>

which is strictly equivalent.

Is it possible that there has been a parsing error that you've not
noticed and that you are still looking at the document generated before
your modification ?

This declaration is correct, though...

If my explanation about the unnoticed parsing error is wrong, the XSLT
processor you are using is probably buggy.

Eric