RE: [xsl] Embedded Javascript (xsl:script issue)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Embedded Javascript (xsl:script issue)
From: Zeynep Gunal <z.gunal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:00:44 +0100
Hi,

>By the way, why are you doing:
>
>>   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping='yes'>&lt;XID&gt;</xsl:text>
>

>You don't usually need to use disable-output-escaping, so if you're
>finding it necessary then you're probably missing something.  If you
>post here with a description of what you're trying to do with the
>above, and why you can't use:
>
>  <XID />
>
>or something similar instead, then we'll probably be able to help.

I tried the <XID /> instead of using <xsl:text
disable-output-escaping='yes'>&lt;XID&gt;</xsl:text> and I ended up with:

<XID></XID>1

But I need to generate a line with a <XID> tag and a value and no </XID> tag
at all (I am not producing XML), hence the disable-output-escaping='yes'.

This is what I was trying to generate:

<XACT>
<XT>MODSUBSCR
<XID>1