RE: [xsl] XML/XSL replace Java Applet

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML/XSL replace Java Applet
From: "Clapham, Paul" <pclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:35:41 -0800
It's too bad you missed the chance to ask the seminar presenter this
question.

XML is a method of storing data in a text file in a standard, multi-level
form.  XSL is a language that can transform an XML file into an XML, HTML,
or text file following certain rules.  It has **no** visual components.

So no, XML/XSL can't do what you ask.  The nearest they would come would be
to produce HTML that does something like that.  I suspect the presenter
meant something much more general than what you thought.

PC2