RE: [xsl] xbind:module == xsl:script + an essential layer of indi rection

Subject: RE: [xsl] xbind:module == xsl:script + an essential layer of indi rection
From: "Kaganovich, Yevgeniy (Eugene)" <ykaganovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:27:29 -0800
 What if xsl:script were changed from...
:
: >   <xsl:script implements-prefix="date"
: >               language="lang:yyyy"
: >
: src="http://datestuff.com/xslt/extension/impl/dates.xyz"/>
:
: To...
:
:     <xsl:script implements="http://datestuff.com/xslt/extensions";
:                 language="lang:yyyy"
:
: src="http://datestuff.com/xslt/extensions/impl/dates.xyz"/>

I find the XSLT namespace usage for bindings somewhat problemmatic. I think
Clark made an argument earlier that these bindings could be used for other
languages, not just XSLT, which I found convincing. Given that we can always
include top-level elements in XSLT stylesheets if we really need it to be
part of XSLT document, it seems better to have a separate namespace.

- Eugene