RE: [xsl] RE: Xalan-J2 outputing extra META tag in HTML

Subject: RE: [xsl] RE: Xalan-J2 outputing extra META tag in HTML
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:04:54 -0000
I also had complaints about the META tag added to HTML output upsetting some
browsers, so there is an option in Saxon to suppress it.

I handn't noticed that the spec is silent on the default encoding for HTML
output, but yes, it seems it doesn't specify what the default should be.
(For XML it specifies UTF-8 or UTF-16).

Mike Kay